Starting at 9am CST today, call Governor Lee at 615–741–2001. Ask him to stop the execution of Lee Hall, Jr., who still has litigation pending.
Yesterday Death Penalty Action helped lead a 9 mile march from Tennessee’s Riverbend Maximum Security Institution to the State Capitol. This morning we’ll re-assemble to visit Governor Lee’s office once it opens. Will you back us up with a phone call?
Starting at 9am CST today, call Governor Lee at 615–741–2001. Ask him to stop the execution of Lee Hall, Jr., who still has litigation pending. (Did you know it is legal to execute a prisoner while the courts are still looking at his/her case?)
See photos and videos from yesterday’s March4Mercy on the Death Penalty Action Facebook Page. If possible, together with Shane Claiborne, chairman of Death Penalty Action’s Advisory Board, we’ll Go Live on Facebook at approximately 9:15am CST from the office of Governor Lee. Please watch and share.
There are other ways to support this effort;
- Pray for the Governor, the prisoners, and the legal team working to stop the execution of Steve West, and everyone involved in the system and the work to end executions.
- Send Governor Lee an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org AND call him at 615–741–2001. Ask him to go pray with the prisoners on death row. Ask him to stop all executions.
- Order and send the postcards! (Folks are sending these free postcards from all over!)
- Make a donation to help cover Death Penalty Action’s costs of supporting this effort.
- “Like” and ShareShare the social media posts on Twitter & Facebook.
Stop the upcoming execution of #LeeHallJr in #Tennessee! Sign the petition, get details for the #March4Mercy THIS SUNDAY (Dec 1), order postcards for your community to send, donate and more: http://deathpenaltyaction.org/march4mercy #EndTheDeathPenalty
Thank you! Yours in the Struggle,
Co-Director, Death Penalty Action.
PS: Please make the most of every opportunity to work for justice this week and every week! AND, you don’t need it to be #GivingTuesday to click here to support this work. Thank you!