Please join us at 2pm EDT today, August 13, 2020, for another edition of Voices of Experience on the Death Penalty, featuring a special discussion about the upcoming federal executions on August 26 and August 28, and what can we all do about them.
Special Guests include:
- Sister Barbara Battista, a founder of the Terre Haute Death Penalty Resistance Network and spiritual advisor to Keith Nelson, the man scheduled to be executed on August 28th.
- Attorney Griffin Hardy, Communications Manager for Sr. Helen Prejean, CSJ and a member of the Advisory Board of Death Penalty Action. READ & SHARE: “Should A Legal Loophole Allow the Execution of a Native American?” by Griffin Hardy. https://t.co/dT19RjxYAT
- Plus, an update from Ohio death row survivor Ahmad Issa.
- With your hosts Abe Bonowitz, Ashley Kincaid Eve and Bill Pelke.
Watch LIVE starting at 2pm EDT (or afterwards) on the Voices of Experience on the Death Penalty Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/VoicesofExperienceontheDeathPenalty
SEND QUESTIONS IN ADVANCE to info@Deathpenaltyaction.org — or post them in the comments on the live stream.
Donate before 2pm today to be named as a sponsor during the program. Chip in today, here!
Sponsors to-date include:
- Chris Brown and ChildofGraceBooks.com
- Zanetta Fredericks
- George Kain
- Ashley & Barb Kincaid
- Cathy Levine
- Ron McAndrew
- Charles Packer
- Bill Pelke
- Ann Perry
- San Diegans Against the Death Penalty
- Matthew Stauder
- Roger Strang
- Paki Wieland
- Dina Windle
- Death Penalty Action’s Monthly Sustainers Network
Learn More about the Voices of Experience on the Death Penalty and see links to past episodes at http://deathpenaltyaction.org/voices
Yours in the Struggle,
Abraham J. Bonowitz, Director
PS: Protect yourself and others in style — Click here to check out our new masks and other ways to wear the message with AbolitionWear!