It’s time to end Ohio’s death penalty once and for all — Sign the petition!
Yesterday, Ohio Governor Mike DeWine once again kicked the can down the road by issuing reprieves to several prisoners next in line to be executed in our state. See his media advisory at left.
It is time for Governor DeWine to lead on this issue by urging the legislature to either fix Ohio’s death penalty, or better, our preference is that he work to end it.
Please help us get the ball rolling. Click here to sign and share Death Penalty Action’s new petition urging Mike DeWine to lead on ending executions forever in Ohio!
There is so much more to share, but I want to keep today’s message brief. Please check our social media platforms for more videos and news coverage from last week’s executions. Twitter, Facebook, and we’re now on Instagram too!
ALSO: SAVE THE DATE:
Join me on Wednesday, September 9, when I will be facilitating a powerful and transformational exploration of what holds us back and how to overcome hesitancy in helping others. Registration for this ONLINE workshop is FREE but must be completed in advance. Click here for details and to register!
What else can you do?
- Sign and share the petition to Congress to end federal executions.
- Visit our federal executions resource page for a list of action opportunities
- Have your faith community, club, team, business, civic group, etc. sign the organizational sign-on letter to congress, here
- Sign petitions on other state cases here
- Click here to get t-shirts, masks, and ANNOUNCING, now you can also order yard signs like those in the photo above, and others, here.
Abraham J. Bonowitz
Director, Death Penalty Action
PS: Your generous donation today empowers and invigorates our work. If possible, check the box on the form to make your donation automatic every month. Just set it and forget it in the knowledge that your dollars will help stop executions forever!