Jewish Leadership Against Executions: Step up Now!
Christmas was always the time we just got to find something to do with ourselves. SO, here’s an opportunity:
Jews are coming out in leadership against the death penalty again. This time, it’s with a sign-on letter addressed to Acting Attorney General Jeffrey A. Rosen. He cited Rabbi Tarfon in a recent speech, and we’re reminding him of what Rabbi Tarfon said about the death penalty. He and Rabbi Akiva — the original Jewish Abolitionists!
- Check out L’Chaim: Jews Against the Death Penalty on Facebook.
- And the Jewish resources against the death penalty on DeathPenaltyAction.org
Finally, I am honored to be the voice narrating the New York Times short video about Jerry Givens, a colleague, and a friend who is one of the 326,000+ Americans whose deaths are attributed to COVID-19. It’s 6 minutes of beautifully created storytelling. Please click here to watch.
Jerry’s family knew how important this work was to him, and they wanted his voice to carry on. You can help. Please share the video. Click here to learn more about Jerry Givens, read the various obituaries and news items from when he died, and if you like, make a tribute gift in Jerry’s memory. We’ll pass any message you leave on to Jerry’s family.
We’ve Been Busy:
- Delivered 20,000+ petition signatures to the highest levels of the Biden Transition Team, resulting in a meeting with them on Tuesday — two days ago.
- Delivered 20,000+ petition signatures to Acting U.S. Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen on his first day in office, yesterday. Results pending…
- Launched NEW Faith Leader Sign-On Letter to Stop the Federal Executions. Ask YOUR faith leader to sign on!
- Launched a NEW Jewish Faith/Community Leader Sign-On letter to Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen
There is so much more that can be done.
Plainly put, executions are wrong and we need to do everything we can to stop them. Which is why I have to ask, can you chip in $18, $36, $72, or any amount you can so that we have the resources to prevent the next federal execution?
Without your help we won’t have the resources we need to pressure AG Rosen to do the right thing and stop federal executions. Chip in any amount here.
Yours in the Struggle,
Abraham J. Bonowitz, Director