Nicholas Sutton is scheduled to be the next person executed in Tennessee, on February 20th. Yesterday, he elected to be killed in the electric chair, if it comes to that. There may be litigation pending, and he does have a pretty strong clemency petition.
It’s true, Nick did the things he did to land himself on death row. And then he changed. So much so that his clemency petition features appeals for mercy from the three prison guards whose lives he saved.
- Click here for Death Penalty Action petition for Nick Sutton. Within that you’ll find links to the clemency request and related news items. Please sign & share the petition today.
- If you have any of the March4Mercy postcards, please send them now and order more to ramp up the flow into Governor Lee’s office in the coming weeks.
- If you will be in Tennessee on February 16th, join us for all or part of the nine mile #March4Mercy from Riverbend Maximum Security Institution to the state capitol. Unless the execution is halted or postponed, we’ll step off at 2pm regardless of weather conditions. Sign up here to receive specific details and updates for those planning to march.
- #NicholasSutton saved the lives of 3 prison guards. Join me in signing the @DeathPenaltyAct petition to TN Gov. Bill Lee urging him to #StopExecutions of Nicholas Sutton. Sign here: https:// https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/tn-gov-bill-lee-stop-the-execution-of-nicholas-sutton. #EndTheDeathPenalty
- 32 #Tennessee death row prisoners invited @GovBillLee to visit & pray with them. To-date, no reply. Join us as we call for mercy & #StopExecutions. Sign petition & order postcards for your community to send at http://deathpenaltyaction.org/march4mercy #EndTheDeathPenalty
Abe & Scott, Co-Directors
PS: Create massive and ongoing impact with the March4Mercy. Check the box to commit a recurring donation of between $5 and $100 (or more) each month. With three Tennessee executions pending and 7 more dates requested by the Attorney General, we must keep the pressure on! If you can’t make it monthly, please consider a generous one-time investment in the work that Death Penalty Action does to support the Tennessee March4Mercy:
Or send a check to Death Penalty Action, PO Box 89, Ghent, NY 12075 with “March4Mercy” in the subject line.
Thank you in advance for supporting this vital work today!