On June 20th the United States may conduct it’s 1500th execution since 1977. Stand up to say #StopThe1500th!
The following is from Death Penalty Action:
ACTIONS YOU CAN TAKE RIGHT NOW!
1. Sign and share the change.org petition to the Georgia governor and the Board of Pardons and Paroles.
2. Contact the Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles at (404) 656–4661 or email@example.com to ask for clemency and a stay of execution.
3. Print out a sign (here are PDFs and also customizable files) and take a photo with it to post to your social media. Use the #Hashtag #StopThe1500th, and we’ll share it on the Death Penalty Action Facebook and Twitter sites.
4. Organize your activist network or your faith community to hold an action or vigil at a visible location sometime on June 19 or 20. Solidarity vigils are already being planned in the U.K. and France. Use the sample press release to let your local media know. (release coming soon)
5. Make a generous donation to support this work (all gifts are being matched dollar-for-dollar until we hit $5,000). Also, you can order a shirt to wear the message and increase your visibility while supporting the cause.