We had a call from Wana yesterday. We are returning to the US Supreme Court! You can help make it happen.
Wana and her husband, Rodney’s brother Rodrick Reed, are driving an incredible campaign to save Rodney, who is scheduled to be executed two weeks from today. Wana asked if we can push the petition delivery date back to the 18th, AFTER we hear the results of the Supreme Court conference on whether to take the case, which is scheduled for November 15th. She asked if Death Penalty Action would support an overnight vigil at the US Supreme Court next week, on the eve of that meeting at which the Supreme Court Justices will consider whether to take up Rodney’s case.
Our answer? Of Course!
This is where YOU can make the difference. Unlike Dr. Phil and The Innocence Project, Death Penalty Action is not a massive organization with a seemingly unlimited budget. We operate on the support of individuals like you. Only with your support are we able to respond to Wana’s and Rodrick’s request. Therefore:
- If you will donate a frequent flier plane ticket or purchase a ticket outright, contact Abe at 561–371–5204.
- If you will contribute any amount to help with expenses of this unanticipated travel and action, click here now.
- If you will join us at the US Supreme Court on Thursday, Nov 14 starting at 7pm and overnight until about noon on November 15th, or any part of that time frame, reply to this message.
Thank you. And…
Developments are happening almost daily on this case. We get to keep the pressure on! See updates on this and other urgent matters on the Death Penalty Action Facebook page.
Please call the following every day with the message “Stop Rodney Reed’s execution”:
- Governor Greg Abbott: 512–463–2000
- Bastrop County DA Bryan Goertz: 512–581–7125
- Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles: 512–406–5852. Send your own e-mail to the TBPP regarding Rodney Reed TDCJ #999271 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share the petition on social media — we are planning to deliver signatures on November 18th:
* Tell Bastrop County #Texas DA Bryan Goertz to stop the execution of #RodneyReed. Sign & share
@DeathPenaltyAct petition: #RodneyReedIsInnocent #FreeRodneyReed Now! https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/rodney-reed-is-innocent-free-him-now #TestTheDNA #TX #DeathPenalty
* * * * * * *
Also — Federal executions may resume for the first time in more than 16 years starting December 9th. Learn more and take action here.
Thank you. Yours in the Struggle,
— Abe & Scott
Co-Directors, Death Penalty Action.
PS: Please chip in $5 or more — as much as possible, really — using a credit card, Paypal or you can even do it the traditional way and send send a check. We can only do this work because of YOU! The info you need is here. Please make the most of every opportunity to work for justice this week and every week!