Two More Federal Executions Announced, Including First Woman Since 1953 & Another Black Man.
Two more federal executions were announced early this evening. These will be the 9th and 10th executions since the current execution spree began on July 14th, assuming the execution scheduled for November 19th goes as planned.
On December 8th the federal government will execute Lisa Montgomery for her murder of Bobbie Jo Stinnett. This will be the first federal execution of a woman since 1953. On December 10th, International Human Rights Day, they have lined up another black man, Brandon Bernard, who will be killed for his participation in the murders of Todd and Stacie Bagley.
There is so much more to share. We are still gathering information. Please check our social media platforms for news coverage over the weekend, and we’ll have more next week. Please see and share our posts on Twitter, Facebook, and we’re now on Instagram too!
What else can you do?
- Sign and share the petition to Congress
- Visit our federal executions resource page for a list of action opportunities
- Have your faith community, club, team, business, civic group, etc. sign the organizational sign-on letter to congress, here
- Sign petitions on state cases here
- Click here to get t-shirts, masks, and ANNOUNCING, now you can also order yard signs, here.
Death Penalty Action is building the coalition to support legislation to end federal executions. Your donation today enhances our capacity today and this week. Please help now.
PS: Visit this site to see a list of additional actions you can take today and this weekend: http://deathpenaltyaction.org/federal-death-penalty