When YOUR Child is Next to be Executed…
We remember the victims, but not with more killing. That is true today, on the anniversary of the September 11 attacks that changed our world, and it is true every time the state seeks to use unnecessary violence in our names. Please pause with us this morning to remember all victims of violence and to renew our commitment to working for a world without violence.
Join us today for a very special Voices of Experience on the Death Penalty program, LIVE on Facebook starting at 2pm EDT/11am PDT, featuring Lisa Brown (center), the mother of Chris Vialva (right). (You do not need to have a Facebook account to watch!) Chris Vialva is scheduled to be executed by the federal government on September 24. Read a case summary here.
Special Guests also include
- Attorney Ashley Kincaid Eve, a friend of Chris Vialva who has been blogging about her experiences and communications with Chris.
- SueZann Bosler on her amazingly inspirational solo protests in South Florida, and
- Krisanne Vaillancourt Murphy, executive director of the Catholic Mobilizing Network, on the award a Catholic organization is giving to Attorney General William Barr on Sept. 23rd, the day between the next two federal executions.
- With your hosts Abe Bonowitz, Ashley Kincaid Eve and Bill Pelke.
Watch LIVE starting at 2pm EDT (or afterwards) on Death Penalty Action’s Voices of Experience on the Death Penalty Facebook page.
Donate now to be named as a sponsor during the program. Click here to chip in today!
If you use one of the following platforms, please click to view and share.
Death Penalty Action is building the campaign to abolish the federal death penalty, and YOU can help! People are ready to take action to end executions. Your donation today will help us reach them right now, and empower everyone who wants to end the federal death penalty.
What else can you do?
Act now to help stop the federal executions:
- Sign and share the petition to Congress to end federal executions.
- Visit our federal executions resource page for a list of action opportunities
- Have your faith community, club, team, business, civic group, etc. sign the organizational sign-on letter to congress, here
- Sign petitions on other state cases here, including our newest petition to end executions forever in Ohio!
- Click here to get t-shirts, masks, and ANNOUNCING, now you can also order yard signs here.
Abraham J. Bonowitz
Director, Death Penalty Action
PS: Your generous donation today empowers and invigorates our work. If possible, check the box on the form to make your donation automatic every month. Just set it and forget it in the knowledge that your dollars will help stop executions forever!